Graduate Program in Business
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at Claflin University is designed to provide a high quality education that promotes the students’ potential as managers, entrepreneurs, leaders and socially responsible individuals. The program prepares students to think logically, communicate effectively, develop an understanding and appreciation of the global environment, be guided by high ethical standards, and develop the conceptual and analytical skills needed to succeed in professional roles in business, industry or public service.
- Provide students a high quality, caring, open and diverse learning environment.
- Develop and integrate analytical skills for decision-making that incorporate global, ethical and culturally diverse dimensions.
- Provide adequate skills in assessing organizational performance and developing approaches for improvements.
- Provide leadership and interpersonal skills to become successful business professionals.
- Provide technological skills not only for jobs that will be available upon graduation but also for jobs that will be created in the future.
- Admission Requirements
The student must possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution with an overall grade point average of at least 3.0 (based on 4.0 scale) on all previous work beyond high school. However, applicants with records of high quality who do not fulfill this requirement may be admitted based upon the satisfactory outcome of an on-campus interview with the Admission committee.
- The student has earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution with an overall grade point average of at least 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale).
- The student has provided the Admissions Office with copy of official transcript copies from all institutions where undergraduate or graduate courses have been taken.
- The student has provided the Admissions Office with three recommendation forms/letters from individuals familiar with the student’s work record, academic record, and personal character. One letter must be from a former instructor. Letters of recommendation from family are not acceptable.
- The student has provided the Admissions Office with a current resume and a minimum 500 word Statement of Purpose.
- The student has taken the GMAT and has had the scores submitted to the MBA Office of Claflin University, Claflin University code is 003424. (If a student meets all other eligibility requirements, he/she may be granted conditional admission subject to the GMAT score being submitted to the MBA Director before twelve (12) semesters hours have been completed).
- If the student’s native language is not English, the student has passed TOEFL with a score of 550 or better and has had scores submitted to the Admission Office.
- The MBA Committee may chose to invite the applicant for campus interview.
- A non-refundable fee of $50 for U.S. Citizens and $75 international students (money order, certified or cashier’s check) should accompany the application. Visa, MC, Discover, American Express cards are accepted.