Graduate Program in Business
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at Claflin University is designed to provide a high quality education that promotes the students’ potential as managers, entrepreneurs, leaders and socially responsible individuals. The program prepares students to think logically, communicate effectively, develop an understanding and appreciation of the global environment, be guided by high ethical standards, and develop the conceptual and analytical skills needed to succeed in professional roles in business, industry or public service.
- Provide students a high quality, caring, open and diverse learning environment.
- Develop and integrate analytical skills for decision-making that incorporate global, ethical and culturally diverse dimensions.
- Provide adequate skills in assessing organizational performance and developing approaches for improvements.
- Provide leadership and interpersonal skills to become successful business professionals.
- Provide technological skills not only for jobs that will be available upon graduation but also for jobs that will be created in the future.
- Admission Requirements
- The student has earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally or nationally accredited institution with an overall grade point average of at least 3.0 (based on a 4.0 scale) for regular admission. Students who do not meet this requirement need to contact the School of Business office. Please note that before admissions you may be required to complete leveling courses to be considered. Please see the director for more information.
- The student has provided the School of Business with copy (s) of official
transcript (s) from all institutions where undergraduate or graduate courses have been taken. Applications will not be completed until all transcripts from institutions attended are received.
- The student has provided the School of Business with three recommendation forms/letters from individuals familiar with the student’s work record, academic record, and personal character. Letters of recommendation from family are not acceptable.
- The student has provided the School of Business with a current resume and a minimum 500 word Statement of Purpose.
- The student has taken the GMAT and has had the scores submitted to the School of Business Claflin University code is 003424. (If a student meets all other eligibility requirements, he/she may be granted conditional admission subject to the GMAT score being submitted to the MBA Director before twelve (12) semester hours have been completed). (Optional)
- If the student’s native language is not English and/or transcripts are from an international institution, the student transcript (s) must be evaluated by WES (World Education Services). The student must pass the TOEFL with a score of 550 or better and has had scores submitted to the School of Business.
- The MBA Committee may choose to invite the applicant for campus interview.
- A non-refundable fee of $50 for U.S. Citizens and $75 international students (money order, certified or cashier’s check) should accompany the application. Visa, MC, Discover, American Express cards are accepted.