Graduate Program in Business
The Master of Business Administration (MBA) program at Claflin University is
designed to provide a high quality education that promotes the students’ potential as
managers, entrepreneurs, leaders and socially responsible individuals. The program
prepares students to think logically, communicate effectively, develop an
understanding and appreciation of the global environment, be guided by high ethical
standards, and develop the conceptual and analytical skills needed to succeed in
professional roles in business, industry or public service.
- Provide students a high quality, caring, open and diverse learning environment.
- Develop and integrate analytical skills for decision-making that
incorporate global, ethical and culturally diverse dimensions.
- Provide adequate skills in assessing organizational performance and
developing approaches for improvements.
- Provide leadership and interpersonal skills to become successful business
- Provide technological skills not only for jobs that will be available upon
graduation but also for jobs that will be created in the future.
- Admission Requirements
The student must possess a bachelor’s degree from a regionally or nationally
accredited institution with an overall grade point average of at least 3.0 (based on 4.0 scale) on all previous work beyond high school. However, applicants with
records of high quality who do not fulfill this requirement may be admitted based
upon the satisfactory outcome of an on-campus interview with the Admission
- The student has earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally or nationally
accredited institution with an overall grade point average of at least 3.0 (based
on a 4.0 scale).
- The student has provided the Admissions Office with copy of official
transcript copies from all institutions where undergraduate or graduate courses
have been taken.
- The student has provided the Admissions Office with three recommendation
forms/letters from individuals familiar with the student’s work record,
academic record, and personal character. One letter must be from a former
instructor. Letters of recommendation from family are not acceptable.
- The student has provided the Admissions Office with a current resume and a
minimum 500 word Statement of Purpose.
- The student has taken the GMAT and has had the scores submitted to the
MBA Office of Claflin University, Claflin University code is 003424. (If a
student meets all other eligibility requirements, he/she may be granted
conditional admission subject to the GMAT score being submitted to the MBA
Director before twelve (12) semesters hours have been completed).
- If the student’s native language is not English, the student has passed TOEFL
with a score of 550 or better and has had scores submitted to the Admission
- The MBA Committee may chose to invite the applicant for campus interview.
- A non-refundable fee of $45 for U.S. Citizens and $70 international students
(money order, certified or cashier’s check) should accompany the application.
Visa, MC, Discover, American Express cards are accepted.