MED Admission Requirements:
1. The student has earned a baccalaureate degree from a regionally or nationally
accredited institution with an overall grade point average of at least 3.0 (based
on a 4.0 scale).
2. The student has provided the Admissions Office with copy of official
transcript copies from all institutions where undergraduate or graduate courses
have been taken.
3. The student has provided the Admissions Office with three recommendation
forms/letters from individuals familiar with the student’s work record,
academic record, and personal character. One letter must be from a former
instructor. Letters of recommendation from family are not acceptable.
4. The student has provided the Admissions Office with a current resume and a
minimum 500 word Statement of Purpose.
5. If the student’s native language is not English, the student has passed TOEFL
with a score of 550 or better and has had scores submitted to the Admission
6. The MED Committee may chose to invite the applicant for campus interview.
Director of Online Programs
Master of Education
400 Magnolia Street
Orangeburg, SC 29115
Office phone: (803) 535-5742
Fax: (803) 535-5468